Last Updated: 06/03/2020
We also process Personal Information on behalf of our business customers when they use our services to replicate their Amazon RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Percona and log databases to Amazon Redshift (“the Services”). When we process Personal Information on behalf of our business customers, they determine why and how the Personal Information is processed. To learn more about our business customers’ privacy practices in this context, please refer to their privacy policies by visiting their websites.
HOW DOES FLYDATA COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our products and services if that information is necessary to provide you with the products and services or if we are legally required to collect it.
Personal Information Provided by You
Free trial. If you sign up for a free trial to use the Services, you must provide us with your first and last name, email address and phone number. We will then send you an email with a link to activate your free trial and ask you to fill out your email address and password.
Other business customer, partner and vendor information. We may receive contact details of business customers’, partners’ and vendors’ employees as provided by them in furtherance of the relevant partner or vendor relationship, such as first and last name, email address, phone number, title and department.
Communications. When you choose to contact us (e.g., via our contact form, chatbot, via email or telephone, or in the context of your use of our customer service), we will collect any information which you provide to us, including the contact details you use to contact us and the content, date and time of your communications, as well as our responses.
Blog posts. If you post a comment on our blog powered by Disqus, we will collect your first and last name and the content, date and time of your comment. Comments are made public on the blog and other internet users may read, download and further use this information outside of our control.
Job applications. We will collect any information which you provide to us when you apply for a job with FlyData, including your curriculum vitae and references
Personal Information Obtained From Third Parties
Our business customers. We may receive Personal Information from our business customers to process it on their behalf as we provide them with the Services. When we process Personal Information on behalf of our business customers, they determine what Personal Information they share with us. To learn more about our business customers’ privacy practices in this context, please refer to their privacy policies by visiting their websites.
Personal Information Collected via Automated Means
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES FLYDATA USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Providing our products and services. We use Personal Information to operate, provide, and maintain the Services that we offer to our business customers, our website and other products and services that we may offer. For example, if you work at one of our business customers, partners or vendors, we may use your email address to manage the business relationship.
Analytics and product development. We and our service providers use Personal Information, such as your interactions with our products and services, to monitor and analyze usage of, and to improve and enhance our products and services.
Internal Compliance. We and our service providers use Personal Information for compliance purposes, such as audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention.
Communications. We may contact you per email, telephone for customer-service or technical-support purposes, or (ii) to send you information about topics or content that we think may interest you, or updates about the latest developments or features of our products and services.
Job Applications. If you apply for a job a FlyData, we may process your Personal Information to evaluate your application.
Legal. We may use your Personal Information to enforce our Terms of Service, to defend our legal rights, and to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
ON WHAT GROUND DOES FLYDATA PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where required by applicable law, and in particular if you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including in the situations described below.
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you or our customers with our products and services, including for account registration or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. For example, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics or to improve the safety, security and performance of our products and services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
WITH WHOM DOES FLYDATA SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Our business customers. We may share Personal Information with our business customers when we process Personal Information on their behalf in the context of providing them with the Services.
Vendors and service providers. We may share Personal Information about you with our third party service providers who perform services on our behalf (or on behalf of our customers, when we process information on their behalf), such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery and other services.
Social networking and other websites. The Services may allow you to share Personal Information with social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We do not share your Personal Information with them unless you direct our website to share it. Their use of your Personal Information is governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their services.
Other third parties. We may also share Personal Information about you with other third parties in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. We may disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
- To comply with legal obligations. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information or other account information if we believe doing so is required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In case of merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in an actual or potential merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy or liquidation where the business will not continue as a going concern, receivership, sale of FlyData assets, or transition of our products or services to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our products or services, the impact on our products or services if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
This website and our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that individuals under the age of sixteen (16) not provide Personal Information to us. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com and we will take steps to immediately delete that information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we comply with applicable data protection law when transferring your Personal Information to the United States and to countries for which an adequacy decision has been issued. To protect Personal Information transferred from the EEA or Switzerland to the United States we have certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks. To learn more, read our Privacy Shield Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages.
European privacy rights. Depending on your country and, in particular, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have the following additional rights:
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as specified below.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
FlyData Sync, LLC.
21750 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 104 PMB 96350, San Antonio, Texas 78258-4946
E-mail Address: email@example.com